- Login into the IP address of the firewall.
- Go to <firewall_ip_address>/diag.html
- Click on Internal Settings.
- Clear the checkbox: "Enable TCP sequence number randomization"
- Scroll up and click Accept.
- Click Close.
- Reboot the firewall.
Godaddy Domain Forwarding does not work when using a Sonicwall Firewall. Domain Forwarding is typically used to redirect a user to a different website when they type in a URL in a browser. The redirect will work on a Smart Phone or other computer that is not behind a Sonicwall firewall.
By default the Sonicwall enables TCP Packet Sequence Randomization which causes the Domain Forwarding service to break. To fix it:
Verify you can now access a Domain forwarded address. Note that servers behind the firewall will be slightly more susceptible to OS fingerprinting by disabling TCP Sequence Randomization.